It’s the end of June, the end of Pride, and the second half of the year is almost upon us already. 2018 has been a blur so far, June was no different and July definitely is going to be the same! I read some super great diverse books and participated in some cool reading themes including the Ramadan Readathon, World Ocean Day, and Pride.
(L) Persepolis: The Complete Collection by Marjane Satrapi – ★★★
(L) Blue is the Warmest Color by Julie Maroh – ★★★
* Oceans: The Anthology (Frontiers of Speculative Fiction) – ★★★★
* The Art of Moana by Jessica Julius – ★★★★★
(E) The Baker Thief by Claudie Arseneault – ★★★★
(ARC) Yes, You are Trans Enough by Mia Violet – ★★★★★ – My Book of the Month
(L) Coming of Age in Second Life by Tom Boellstorff – ★★★
(E) Queering Sexual Violence edited by Jennifer Patterson – ★★★
- We are currently in the middle of moving house at the moment. Our prospective date is 16th July so once this weekend is over the moving date will be rapidly approaching so I might go AWOL for a bit when things start to get stressful and our internet likely won’t be ready for when we move in so if I disappear do not fret for I shall return.
- My best friends are coming down at the end of July and we’re all going to YALC which I am SUPER excited about. So not only will be in a nice new house but there’s also that as well. I know a few blogger friends are going, Akemi Dawn Bowman and Becky Chambers will be there, and basically, it all sounds like it’s going to be really amazing!
- My article was published in mid-June so if you want to read more about trans masculine characters in video games (ie – Dragon Age Inquisition and Dream Daddy) then you should check it out.
Article Publication and Moving House
Queering Sexual Violence edited by Jennifer Patterson
Yes, You are Trans Enough by Mia Violet
AAPI Heritage Month Mini Reviews
2018 Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag
Autistic Pride Spotlight: Kaia Sønderby
World Oceans Day Recommendations
Healthy Relationships with Books?
2 thoughts on “Wrap Up | June”
Ooo you found a house, yay, nice!
Hope the move goes well! I know how stressful it can be. But once you are approved and signed, i find the rest way better.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Congratulations on finding a new place, we are househunting in September…. I’m kinda dreading it!
LikeLiked by 1 person