Hey friends, welcome to The Sunday Post – a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer to share all the weekly news and feels!
The cold and wet weather is upon us as Autumn drifts away and Winter encroaches. It has been super cold this week and whilst lots of my friends have been out enjoying the wintery conventions, I’ve been home most of the week with a horrible cold! But that’s meant there’s been lots of time for reading, playing games and watching tv!
Books, Books, Books
The beginning of the month was quite slow for me in terms of books but this week I managed to read 3! Binti was a fantastic last minute addition for Black History Month, I loved reading my ARC copy of In the Vanishers’ Palace, and I moved onto Creatures the first of my two Halloween reads which I finished reading last night.
Watch All The Things
In addition to watching The Haunting of Hill House, we’ve been watching a lot this weekend as me, my partner and the dog have all been struck down with colds. Yesterday we spent the entire day catching up on Season 2 of Battlestar Galactica, and this afternoon we finally returned to watching Cry’s (Cryaotic) videos. It’s been really nice to actually put time aside to watch things instead of just…reading all the time?
This week I’ve also been getting into the true spoopy spirit and decided to also play a spoopy game as well. I’ve owned Alan Wake for about 3 or 4 years but never got round to playing it, but it’s turned out to be the perfect spoopy game to play! I finished episode 1 and will be starting on episode 2 tonight.
- My article for Sidequest is finally ready to go, it’s just awaiting the final edits on WordPress and then it will be published! Now it’s passed the editing stages I’ve also been accepted as a regular contributor on the Sidequest team so I’ll be writing a lot more gaming articles
- This week I managed to post quite a lot of content for a change – a book review, my top 10 recent discoveries I’ve been most excited about, coffee book tag, and The Haunting of House Hill feels.
- And as always there’s been so many great posts by other bloggers. Here are some of my favourites from this week:
- Kathy discussed peer pressure in the book community
- Tecsie shared the games they’ve been playing this October
- Want to read some last minute spooky books that aren’t fiction? What’s Nonfiction has some great non-fic recommendations for you
- Bookidote is always here to serve you with the most original book blog content – this week Lashaan asked what our bookworm utopias are like
- Requesting physical ARCs from publishers can be scary, confusing, and disheartening. Ellyn has put together this really handy guide of how to go about it
What have you been up to this week? ❤
6 thoughts on “The Sunday Post |Having a cold is the best excuse for catching up with reading!”
Aw thanks for the post shoutout! I hope you enjoy Alan Wake, it’s a great game 😀
Aw man, I do hope you heal up real quick real soon! I personally look forward to reading that Binti trilogy too! I’ve only seen praise thrown at for the past years! 😛 Happy reading!
So glad you liked the spooky nonfic recommendations, and thanks for sharing! 🙂 Hope your cold is soon behind you!
Thanks for mentioning my post, Avery! 💕💕💕😘😘 I’m glad you found it helpful!
Hope you feel better soon ❤
How's Alan Wake? I don't normally play scary games, but steam has been recommending this me for ages.